Sunday, March 14, 2010

January

Happy 2010!

My sisters and I planned a pizza and ice cream sundae party for all of Joel and Kristan's friends and family who had traveled to be with them on their wedding. We rented out my mom's clubhouse the night before the big day and went through 20 large pizzas, and I think 6 gallons of ice cream with every topping you could think of. So fun to have a casual get together where everyone felt free to visit and talk with Joel and Kristan without the pressure of the wedding day. We couldn't believe all the people who came from so far to celebrate with our family.





The morning of the wedding...
We convinced my mom she was beautiful with or without hair and she decided she would go without her wig to the wedding. She did look beautiful and did really well throughout the whole day!

Joel and Kristan were married in the St. George Temple on January 2nd. Probably one of the most amazing days of my life. The experience we had in the temple with my whole family was incredible. They had a beautiful dinner and reception up the canyon to Zion's, but really my pictures and words can't do the day any sort of justice. Here is a link to Becky Ravenberg's (the photographer) website where you can see for yourself. Really, take a look...

Blog:
Website:
Wedding Video, done by their good friend, Tia. Seriously, Tia, it was amazing! I can't even get through the first 30 seconds without crying.

1 vacant house with a steep driveway, a visit from our good friends, The Halls, from ID, and some fun neighbor kids made for many fun days of sledding down unplowed territory...



Celebration for Uncle Matt's birthday...


My good friend, Katie, and I went up to Logan for a weekend to get certified to teach Turbokick. We are team teaching 3 classes a week now and I absolutely LOVE it! We are having so much fun with our class!


Celebration of Tim's birthday...


Brooklyn lost her first tooth (right before bed, hence the jammas and bed head)...


I think that's all I can handle for now, but before I sign off for however long...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MELISSA! One of my very best friends turns 30 today! And even though her husband won't let us live in the same state, in fact, even though he keeps moving further and further away from us, she is still one of my greatest friends and one of the most caring and thoughtful people I know. She is talented and fun, has great style and I can't wait to plan a wedding in the next 15-20 years for two of our kids! Happy Birthday, Melissa!!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my gosh, I had to pause the wedding video MULTIPLE times because I would start crying...and it's awkward to cry in when you're at work surrounded by other cubicles. What a beautiful day for my bff Joel! I can't imagine what you and your family are going through right now, I'm so sorry Becky. I keep praying for ALL of you!

MacD Kids said...

Hi Bex, I just wanted to tell you Im still here and checking in on you. I pray for strength for you and comfort for your mom. I'm so sorry for this struggle; you are doing an amazing job :) Love Katie

all that i love said...

It is always nice when you update your blog since it only happens twice a year :) If your not going to update very often you should at least email me more. There is always so much going on with your family and finding out months later is lame. Thanks for the the birthday wish. You are the greatest friend ever! It made my day:)