Sunday, January 04, 2009

Where does the time go?

I'm going to repeat the words of my sister and say "I suck at blogging"! I really do though! You would think that this past two months I have been absent in the blogging world meant that I have been able to spend lots of quality time with my kids who are all healthy and happy, my house is spotless with all the past blogging time I have now spent cleaning, I have lots of yummy dinners and treats on my food blog, and I have solved world peace. Probably none of the above are true though. It is like I have blinked and two months have gone by. I don't even have any pictures! But, here's as much as I can remember...

We spent Thanksgiving in Gilbert with my sister's family and my mom and Brian. SO fun! Did lots of shopping and eating. Spent way too much time on a 2000 piece puzzle of Las Vegas. Who knew it could take 6 adults their full attention while 6 kids were neglected for hours on end to complete the darn thing. Oh wait, I forgot it took us twice as long because my little angel boy, Tallan, pulled it off the table in one of his fits of rage. But it was fun nonetheless. Did I mention my sister and I ate a dozen Sprinkles cupcakes single-handedly? We vote that Strawberry is the best! (Jenn, I still need pictures from that week!) Thanks for a super fun week as always!

After a 12 hour drive home, I was ready to get the Christmas tree out and decorated, laundry done, and ready for the week. Tim moved his office home and we swapped places. I started back to work full time while he works from home/takes care of the kids. We switch after my shift is over and he goes into his office while I'm home. As hard as it is for me to be away from the kids, you do what you have to do. I was able to be a stay-at-home mom for 4 months, and now we are lucky we both have jobs with good insurance.

Here are a few of the fun things we did during the Holidays though...

Decorated gingerbread houses



Drove through the Festival of Lights at Thanksgiving Point with the Shultz's. (The kids took the pictures so this is what we get from that)


We had a great Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa Flinders. They had a sleepover on Christmas Eve and we watched a movie about Christ's birth, had treats, read Christmas stories, and got cookies and carrots all ready for Santa and his reindeer. Tim woke us all up to open presents before 7am so yes, it is still dark outside.


We have gotten a TON of snow already this year which makes for a lot of fun being pulled around the neighborhood on sleds by the 4-wheelers. The dads and kids have spent hours doing that.


Brooklyn and Tim also went skiing up at Alta and Brooklyn got some awesome war wounds from a fall on her face to prove it.


Tallan wanted his picture taken too, but only appropriate since I gave him a haircut this morning and really messed up, so he doesn't have much hair left. Whoops!


And I can't forget Keslie. She is almost 8 months and I can't believe it. She hates baby food but will eat anything we are eating for dinner. She get her first tooth finally and survived me pulling her elbow out of it's socket and getting it put back in place. She is taking her time with mobility which works out great for me. She is such a sweet little girl though and we just love her like crazy!

We have loved all the time we have spent with family and friends. It's been a non-stop party for about 3 weeks now but we are ready for whatever is closest to normal around here.

Here's to a great '09 and being better at taking pictures and blogging!

8 comments:

shannyn said...

you were in gilbert arizona and you didn't call me? just giving you a hard time because i know how it is when you are visiting family. that is all i ever want to do. but if you ever come again we would love to see you.

Banks Family said...

Thanks for coming to the bessing, too bad you guys had to rush off. Hope your schedules are not killing you off, let me know if you need help with the kids.

Reynolds said...

Sound like you are crazy busy these days. But it sounds like you had some fun times.

Laina said...

OMG! Keslie is sooo cute! How did you manage to pull her elbow out of the socket?!?! Im bummed I didn't get to see you this last week. But it's def a good thing we didn't stop on Friday b/c as it was the drive home was insane! It took 14 hours!!! After Vegas we were in DEAD stop traffic. SUCKED! Miss you though! Was looking at your fam pic from last Christmas...or maybe the one before..where you had dark hair. Miss you!!!

Sarah said...

yea- you posted! um, your baby is just beautiful. those eyes!

Peggy said...

Welcome back! I love the pictures. Thanks for the update. :)

Ricki said...

Well at least you can remember what you have been doing for the last two months! If I didn't blog about it, I would probably forget after 2 months!!!! Don't feel bad about Talon's hair! Daxton has about the same haircut right now because I messed his haircut up too! At least they are boys and it grows back fast!! Thanks for the Christmas card! I can't believe how big Brooklyn is and how fast they are all growing!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

It was great to see you guys while we were in Utah for all the wedding festivities! Way to go Brooklyn in getting all the war wounds skiing, must have been an exciting day on the slopes! I am totally a slacker on the blog these days as well--we will see if I can get some of the Utah trip pictures posted soon.