Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hot Tamales!

Team Hot Tamales

what: 12 fun girls running a total of 171 miles through the Las Vegas desert in 90 degree heat

when: started Friday, October 9th at 10 am
crossed the finish line Saturday, October 10th at 12:49 pm

why: we are completely crazy!

BEFORE:

VAN 1

VAN 2

AMANDA STARTING US OUT
EXCHANGE
SOME HOT WATER GIRLS
MY WAY CUTE VAN-MATES

AND I'M DONE!!!
I handed over the slap bracelet to Tiffany for the last time after running 19.5 miles at an average of about 8:50/mile. (give me a break! There were lots of hills!)
I honestly did not think I was going to make it sometimes. I wanted to give up more than once. I pushed myself really hard and was proud of myself for finishing and never letting myself walk!

AFTER

Rankings: finished in 26 hours 49 minutes and 15 seconds
4th out of 13 all female teams
87th out of 182 overall

What's next: a shower, some food, and sleep, for the first time in almost 48 hours. Just don't laugh when you see us trying to walk, sit, stand, or go up/down stairs.

A big thank you to my awesome hot tamales team. I don't know if I'm more sore from the run or from laughing so hard. Seriously awesome girls! Everyone trained so hard and everyone did their best. We had such an awesome team who helped each other out with whatever they needed...water, cheering, or even finished that last part of their leg when they couldn't do it for one reason or another. Good times in Vegas! Hopefully after we've recovered I can convince them to do another race with me!

10 comments:

Sarah said...

wow becky, i'm so impressed. you look so good! what an accomplishment!

Brady and Yamel Knowles said...

That is awesome Becky! Your girls did great!

Peter and Jen Bell said...

Impressive, it looks so fun. I wish I could do things like this with you, it would be so great.

Amber said...

ok, this looks like it was so fun! Way to go girls! Let me know when the next one is, this just might have changed my opinion about running :)

Tyler and Amber said...

becks i want to go running with you!

Chelsea said...

Great Job, woman.

Peggy said...

Seriously impressive. Way to go Becky!

laurel said...

Amazing!! And 8:50 min miles? Hello! I swear I run like 12 min miles and can only run like 2 of them. So yeah, you are awesome!

Jamie Jensen Hill said...

Under 9 min mile pace for 19+ miles is AHmazing!! Don't sell yourself short!!! I'm way impressed!

Laina said...

So fun! Sorry to hear about the guy who got hit. So aweful. But looks like you guys had fun!