Monday, November 09, 2009

My Dad

November 9th...
November 9th...

Why does this date stick out in my mind? I feel like I am forgetting someone's birthday, but whose?

Then it hits me all of a sudden. November 9th. 6 years ago today, my dad passed away. 6 years? Seriously? It's really been that long since I have seen my dad's smile, gotten a phone call from him for no reason, heard his laugh, or had him put his arm around me and say, "Way to go, Beck!" Those are some of things I miss the most.

And all the most important things in my life that my dad's missed...two births, the growing up of my children, home buying, etc.

My dad was such an amazing person. Soft spoken, great sense of humor, hard working, always serving, and he loved his family. He was such a proud grandpa and just know he would have loved spending time with my kids.

For a long time I was angry and asked why. A few weeks ago I told my mom I think he left because he didn't want to see her sick.

I don't get sad very often anymore. I know that one day I will get to see him again and we will both have lots of stories to share with each other.

I Love you, dad!

7 comments:

brooke said...

very touching becky! your dad really was so unique and special. i will always remember him as being a gentle and kind person. love you lots!

laurel said...

This is a very sweet post, Bex. I'm giving you a hug through the computer.

Sarah said...

oh that's so sweet becky. you're dad must have been an amazing person because look what an amazing girl he raised. i'm going to call you soon. and tallan is a teenager! he looks so old in that october post you did! he will always be a baby in my head.

Ora said...

So sweet! I'm sorry that you had to go through losing your dad.

Todd and Jenn said...

I can't believe it's been that long. Such a great description of him. You are amazing and I am constantly amazed by your families strength.

Wendy W. said...

Hey Becky - I found your blog on FaceBook. Your story is so sweet and so familiar. I feel like I could put your story on my blog and it would all be applicable. My dad passed on Nov. 7th, 8 years ago. Sometimes it is nice to know someone else understands.

Laina said...

I can't believe its been 6 years either. Wow. I'm glad you are positive though. Love you!