Thursday, May 01, 2008

In the past month...

So the past month has been pretty busy which is why I haven't posted about it, so this will be a long update in the lives of the Flinders...

We got the kid's rooms all situated for the new baby. Tallan is in a toddler bed and the crib went in with Brooklyn. Tallan had a little too much freedom in his toddler bed and would be out 4-5 times per night for the first week. My favorite memories of this include finding him in the bathroom at 4am with his toothbrush and toothpaste saying, "teeth, teeth", waking up to a little slap on my face, or the best yet, waking up to him sitting on the floor next to my bed with my cell phone calling my boss on her cell phone at 1am...twice! The next night we put a child-proof door handle on the inside of his door and we've all been getting a lot more sleep.


Does this look like a little boy who could get into so much trouble?!


We had a baby shower at my house for Keri, who I work with and who is due a month after me. We ate some really good food including these pretty pink and white strawberries I made and the cheesecake-pops I wish I could take credit for. My neighbor and good friend, Steph, is an amazing chef and has her own food blog. Check out her link from my blog! Anyway, they were amazingly good and so pretty too. Thanks again for sharing, Steph! We played some fun games too, but of course I only really remember how good the food was!


Enjoying a little taste of spring in between snowstorms. We have had the craziest weather in Utah! It will be 70 one day and we will wake up to snow the next! We even woke up to snow this morning and it's May! I'm done! But, we sure have enjoyed being outdoors with our fun neighbors helping them in their yards since we aren't ready to do ours yet, having snow cones ( I got to purchase a shaved ice machine to hold me over since my dentist said no more ice chewing for me), and playing at the park lots!


Brooklyn and I, along with a friend from work and her two daughters, went and had a fun little spa day last week. A friend in my ward was doing an open house for her little salon in her basement and we had so much fun! We got our nails done, facials, and eyebrow waxing and tinting for me. The girls each got a little gift bag with lip gloss, nail polish, and their own little mani/pedi kits. Brooklyn loved being pampered! What girl doesn't?!


Brooklyn decided to take a picture of me while I was cleaning the play room and it's probably a good thing because I don't think we have any with this pregnancy. No, that's not a beach ball in my shirt, just our growing baby girl. One more week! I think I'll make it afterall!


I think that's about it for the month of April for us! Next week, a more exciting post with some baby news and photos!

9 comments:

Banks Family said...

You look so cute pregnany, which I know you are thinking the opposite. But you are adorable pregnant. Hope to hear soon of the baby coming, the rooms look great!

Dartay said...

u are so huge! I love it. I can't wait till you get a break and it's out...well I guess that won't really be a break more like a relief! Looks like you guys have been busy, the rooms look great!

all that i love said...

It is about time that you updated your blog. I am glad that you posted a picture of you and the baby. How exciting that she will finally be here next week (cross your fingers for sooner than later). The kids rooms are cute a usual. Of course we both have matching bed sets. They are too cute. Good luck next week!

Steph said...

I'm so glad you liked the cheesecake pops! It was fun making them! I hate this weather, it seems like we don't see you for days at a time. Poor Abbi misses her best friend. We'll play soon!!!

Jenn Daniels said...

I needed the updates!!! Keep us all posted Becky - can't wait to meet my niece!
XXOO

shannyn said...

i can't believe you are going to have the baby already. the time has gone by really fast. congrats.

Sarah said...

great becky...now i'm going to have to make those cheesecake things. thanks.
i'm glad brooklyn took a picture of you- you have to have at least one- plus you look so good. it's all baby in there.

brandy said...

Wow girl.. you are ready to have this baby! Good luck with everything!

Reynolds said...

Definitely craving those strawberries. You look great! Hope things go well with baby#3.