Friday, May 09, 2008

Keslie's Story...

Our precious Keslie arrived on Wednesday, May 7th, and here's the story of her journey so far...

10 pm Tuesday: after sitting outside on our back porch talking with neighbors for awhile, I decided it was time for me to go to bed. I stood up to go inside, but felt so much pressure I didn't want to move!

10:30 pm Tuesday: Started feeling contractions, called our neighbors back over to be with our kids until Tim's mom could get there

11:00 pm Tuesday: Arrived at American Fork Hospital, got all checked in, hooked up to monitors, etc.

12:15 am Wednesday: Got an epidural...yeah!

12:30 am Wednesday: Doctor broke my water...dilated to 4+ (is that too much info? sorry!)

1:00 am Wednesday: I told the nurse I didn't think the epidural was working because I could still feel a lot of pressure. I pushed the button a few times to make sure I couldn't feel anything at all! Love that button! But, she thought maybe I was dilating too fast for the epidural to catch up and she was right...I was at an 8 already!

1:30 am Wednesday: Keslie makes her grand entrance into the world!


I was lucky that she was so much smaller than my other kids! She only weighed 7 lbs 5 oz and was 19 inches long. Two pounds really makes a HUGE difference at that size! It's so fun to have such a tiny baby!

We are both recovering great and are very glad to be home from the hospital! Here are some pictures and I'm sure there will be lots more to come!



Holy Cow! I have 3 kids!

Such a proud big sister!



ps...thanks so much to the Halls for watching our kids that night and for the yummy dinner they brought over last night when we got home. We have the best neighbors ever!

20 comments:

all that i love said...

So, I still can't believe that you have 3 kids. I'm still not ready for my third. CONGRATULATIONS! What a great Mother's Day gift.You will have to email me with all the details. Did the epidural end up working? Your kids are sooooo CUTE! Good Job!

Ricki said...

I see a lot of Brooklyn in her, just from that first picture! Congratulations! I know your mom is dying to see you both! And the 3 kid thing, you will be fine! After 3 you are already insane anyways, so have a few more, what's the difference!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting, and she is way cute. :)

Littlefield Family said...

Congrats! She's beautiful! I can't believe how fast it all happened! And I'm so happy to hear that you had a 7 pounder this go around! I hope I have the same amount of luck next! (I do feel bad for her though, because she shares a birthday with Steve. Hope that's not a bad sign!)

Taylor Family said...

Congratulations you guys! She's adorable...we think she looks exactly like a girl version of Talon! We're glad you're both doing well! Can't wait to see you next month in Cali!

Steph said...

Becky she is adorable! I am so happy for you and I can't wait to come meet her! I haven't wanted to bug you guys, I know it's stressful having a newborn, but if you need anything please call or come over! I'm bringing you dinner next week, so I'll talk to you soon!

Dartay said...

Congrats guys! She is adorable, I'm so glad everything went well, sounds like a breeze for ya! Can't wait to see her :)

Jill said...

It is so cute to see how much love there is between the 3 of them already. Congratulations! I feel tired for you!

Jenn Daniels said...

Yay! My nieces are the cutest!!! Welcome Keslie - I already adore you! XXOO Aunt Jenn

Peggy said...

Hooray! What a beautiful family!

Kimberly said...

Congratualtions! She's very cute and looks a lot like your other kids already. I'm glad you are all doing well. I would have to agree with Jill...I'm tired for you too and can't imagine having 3 kids because one makes me tired enough.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Sounds like things went quick and pretty smoothly! Congrats on #3--enjoy her, Keslie is a doll!

shannyn said...

Holy cow is right, i can't believe you have three kids either. i'm so happy everything went so well and you are both doing great. congratulations, i wish we could be there to meet cute keslie.

Banks Family said...

So fun! Sounds like Keslie was ready to be out of there. I bet 2 pounds makes a huge difference. You were probably feeling a lot better afterwards. Cant wait to meet her.

brandy said...

Congrats! Wow! She came out so fast! Were your other deliveries that smooth? I hope you have a speedy recovery. We wish we there to see the new bundle of joy! She is so sweet!!

Brooke said...

Congratulations! You have a beautiful family. I hope everything is going well for you.

Cheryl said...

Congrats Congrats Congrats! Holy Cow is right...I can't believe you are a mother of 3...how awesome! I'm glad things wnet well and fast for you!

Higham Inc. said...

Congratulations Flinders Family! Your family is so beautiful and your new baby girl is absolutely precious. We can't wait to see more pics!

Leisa Waldron said...

Congrats Becky! She is so adorable! We are "thinking" about baby # 3. I will keep you posted! Oh, you will need some baby bling for her huh? Give me your address and I will send you some. mamaleisa@gmail.com

Reynolds said...

Congrats! Keslie is a cutie. I can see both of your kids in her. fun fun fun.