Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hello Friends, are you still there?

Does anyone even come by my blog anymore to see if we are still alive and kickin'? I bet everyone has given up on my completely! No time for family blogging at all anymore around here. My food blog is off and running and I have a hard enough time keeping up with it, but it's been so much fun! My neighbors have all really appreciated the treats they keep getting everytime I show up on their porches. So, real quick in hopes that someday I will be able to look back and laugh at my crazy life, here is what we have been up to...

A trip to Cornbelly's with the Youngers. The cornmaze this year was shaped like David Archuletta and while I think he's great and all, it took us FOREVER to get out of the dumb maze and they played only his songs the whole time! I was never happier to get out. The kids were hungry and tired and we lost all daylight so the last picture was just a guess as I really couldn't see anything!




It's a really good thing they had this speed limit sign in the parking lot. I'm sure it was easy for cars to keep to it!
Trying to keep the kids busy with Oobleck while I made a really good dinner one night. (Check out the Lemon Chicken on my food blog) I know, I totally encouraged this mess, but it still didn't prepare me for what was to come next. Let me just say that Tallan took things to the extreme.




Tallan has been giving me a run for my money lately and instead of having it stress me out every day, I've decided to try and laugh at all the trouble he has been getting into and focus on the positive instead. Here are a few pictures of some of the small events in the past month.

pink fingernail polish on the back of my bathroom door and all over the floor. could have been worse...at least it wasn't on our cabinets!

popcorn all over the floor and couch. could have been worse...at least it wasn't red punch!

this is my really cute Halloween bowl that I have had ever since Tim and I got married. tallan and brooklyn have broken it open twice already with 3 pounds of candy all over the place. it was a good project for them to sort it all for me to put back in though. could have been worse...at least they didn't eat all of the candy after it spilled out because it's a few years old!

the mojawk wasn't actually tallan's doing. tim shaved his head like that. tallan has tim's hair in that no matter how much product i use, I can't get it to follow commands so it just does it's own thing, but on this day, while Tallan was supposed to be asleep in his room, he put desitin all over his hair for the 2nd time that day. that stuff just doesn't wash out very easily. could have been worse...since his hair is already white, people couldn't really tell it was a greasy mess until he went outside and had bugs stuck in it. that's a true story and at least now we found something that will hold his hair in place!


this is the view from the loft upstairs looking down at the front door. tallan thinks it's absolutely hilarious to drop toys down. i don't think it's too funny when i have to carry them all back up to the playroom. could have been worse... no one was actually standing there this time when he was dropping toys down and at least he hasn't tried to jump down yet either!this is just a small taste of my daily fun with Tallan. I don't even want to get in to some of the other activities he has been doing lately!
now before you all go and judge me for neglecting Tallan, wondering where the heck I was all these times he was getting into trouble, let me just say that he is one quick kid, and I have 2 others that I have to take care of too. Those of you with little boys will know that it's not my fault!


We had some fun visitors this month and took a trip to Gardner Village to see the witches with my mom and sister and her kids, my grandma, a couple of aunts and some cousins too.



Other than that, you'll have to read on my food blog to see how busy it's been in our house. I will post about our fun week of non stop Halloween fun soon too! I hope you all get more treats than tricks like I do!

4 comments:

Laina said...

You are so cute Bex. And I always check your blogs! I like getting the fam updates...don't get me wrong I like the recipes too!!! You are a fantastic mom and are great with your kids! Love you!

The Simpson Family said...

I feel like this too, if there's anyone checking out the blog, please comment so I know you know I'm here. Any way I check up on you guys all the time. P.S. Try using fingernail polish remover on the door..we've had this same problem ;)

Ricki said...

what is it with boys! I think they were given to us to show us that you CAN'T control everything! Because little boys are uncontrollable! At least mine is! I want you to know that I have made a few recipes off of your food blog and loved them!

Kristin said...

I still visit the blog. You are so wonderful and I hope I am half as cool and talented when I am married with just 2 kids. :)