Thursday, September 17, 2009

Happy Birthday, Tallan!

We celebrated Tallan's 3rd birthday twice this month! The first time was at Grandma and Grandpa Flinders' house with some of our favorite BYU going cousins. We BBQd in the backyard, ate the awesome football cake I made, and played with all of Tallan's new toys. Tallan got a scooter from Tim and I and after watching him we decided he would probably grow up to be on the X Games or something. This kid has NO fear at all! He is totally athletic and can already ride a skateboard too.


can I just mention real quick that Keslie is now more than 16 months old and still refuses to even try and walk! Come on, girl!
Over Labor Day weekend, we went down to Hurricane for my niece, Sarah, to be baptized. It was so fun to be with family and I'm so proud of her for making the decision to be baptized. We spent a day in Zions doing a little hike. My mom was such a trooper! She did awesome! Almost all of our kids are old enough now to play on their own without constant supervision so us adults had as much fun as they did. We got in some golfing, shopping, playing, and tons of eating as usual. Then we celebrated Tallan's bday again! This time we made my almost famous mint brownies. He got so many new toys that the cousins were busy for hours! What a lucky boy!





I can't even put into words the love I feel for Tallan. He is such a ball of fire, but I know he has a tender heart too. My other kids haven't made me cry as much as Tallan has, but they haven't made me laugh like he does either. That kid has the best sense of humor. He is constantly finding trouble as soon as no one is looking, but is always quick to tell me he loves me and give me a huge bear hug. He definitely knows how to get back on my good side and is just so stinking cute! There is just a special place for that little boy in my heart. I can't wait to see him grow up. I love you, Buddy!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I like the three huge candles. Funny. What a cute little three year old you have.

all that i love said...

Happy Birthday to Tallan. He is definitely "stinkin" CUTE!

Amber said...

Happy birthday Buddy! and WOW what a cake! You are the luckiest boy alive! What would my life be like if Treycen and Tallan fed off each other every single day? Let's hope that two dynamites put each other out!!

laurel said...

Happy Birthday Tallan! What a cutie! And what a fun time in Hurricane!