Saturday, August 29, 2009

Triathlon - check

Tim and I did our first mini triathlon this morning. 1.5 mile run, 6 mile bike, 200 m swim. Wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.

Before:
a little nervous...not quite knowing what to expect...hoping I don't fall off the bike or drown in the swim..

After:
really tired...muscles starting to cramp...wish I had taken my shirt off for the swim...very proud of finishing...

My official time was 43:55 (Tim didn't want me to take a picture of his, but let's just say he beat me by about 40 seconds. I'm very proud of him!) I placed 6th in my division so I got a cool little ribbon. Kind of like the one you get in elementary school when you participate in the science fair. It was light pink and said 6th Place on it. Kind of embarrassing, but good motivation for me. Next time, I'm going to ride a bike more than once before the race and I'm planning on placing 1st.
We had a ton of fun, and challenge all of our family and friends to do it with us next year!

11 comments:

Danielle Spangler said...

Congrats!!!! You rock!!!!

Cheryl said...

Way to go girl! I'm jealous and first would need to get in shape enough to run a mile. Congrats on making it through the 1st few days of kindergarten. Kylee started this week as well and I cried like a little baby. Crazy how fast they grow up.

Todd and Jenn said...

Awesome! You'll have to let me know what was the hardest. It all seems hard to me. 6th is so good! Congratulations!

all that i love said...

You guys are so cute (in you before picture of course). I'm not suprised that you completed a Triathlon since you are always doing such amazing things. You are definitely Wonder Women. Good job!

Peggy said...

Impressive!

Jacks said...

Really nice. 6th is amazing! Higher than I could ever aspire. I'm glad you shared.

Kelly and Steve said...

Way to go you guys! Count Steve and I in next year. That sounds great. Is the swim at a pool or in open water? Give us some details.

Lance and Becky said...

WOW! That is awesome! Congrats on
6th place wear that with pride #1

laurel said...

Um hello! When did you get all athletic on me? Haha, just kidding I know you have been doing all this crazy stuff for a while but I can't believe it! It's awesome! Very proud.

Ora said...

You go girl! Sounds like fun!

Laina said...

That is AMAZING! You never cease to impress me. How'd you practice and get ready for it?! Awesome! Email me more info about that race here in April...