Thursday, April 15, 2010

American Cancer Society

Most of you already know that I lost my amazing mom to lung cancer early Easter morning. She fought hard for almost a year, but the cancer was too aggressive. While she passed peacefully in her sleep, the cancer was a horrible disease that took all her quality of life. I also have quite a few other family members who have fought cancer as I'm sure you do too.

I am running the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay in June this year for the American Cancer Society. The Wasatch Back is a 12 person relay where we run almost 200 miles over a 24 hour period from Logan, UT to Park City, UT through the mountains. I have done it twice before and this year I have pledged to raise $4200.00 to fight cancer. Any amount of donation is accepted and appreciated greatly. I know times are tough financially but if you can even donate $5.00, it would be very effective in helping me reach my goal for a great cause.

Please click on this LINK to donate in my name (under Rebecca Flinders) to the American Cancer Society.

Thank you for your time and your help.

1 comment:

All Handleys on Deck! said...

Hey Becky! It's Rebekah (Flinders) Handley. James and I donated. Sorry it's not much, but we wish you luck in reaching your goal.

Oh, I have a blog too, but it's private. If you want access, just send me your e-mail address and I can add you! Send it to jamhandley@gmail.com

Sorry again for your loss.