Sunday, May 06, 2007

Women's Conference 2007


My old roommate, Yamel, came down from Logan last Wednesday, and we went to Women's Conference at BYU all day Thursday and Friday. It was so much fun! Not only did I have 2 days off from kids, but I got to spend good times with an old friend and was very spiritually uplifted. The speakers were great especially the opening and closing sessions each day. The closing on the first day was Brad Wilcox and his daughter Wendee and they spoke on the Atonement. The closing session on the last day was Elder and Sister Holland and they spoke on "Now is the Time". Throughout the whole thing there was very good musical performances too. One of the classes I really liked was from the new General Relief Society Presidency. It was really fun to get to know them! They are just totally hilarious and we were all laughing so hard we had tears coming down our cheeks. I have to say though, that my all time favorite class, was titled, "For With God, Nothing is Impossible-even raising a 3 year old". I got some really good insight on how to find joy in motherhood and I really needed that this past week. It was great! They are going to aire the whole broadcast on KBYU on May 18-20 so I really recommend watching as much as you can. The other cool thing is that they had service rooms set up where you could watch what classes were being held in certain rooms, but you could work on service projects at the same time. Yamel and I really enjoyed this and we learned how to crochet baby blanket edges! (don't mind the picture of us too much. We had just come in from the pouring rain and had been walking for 2 days straight!) Next year, I highly recommend everyone go to it though. It's going to be May 1-2, so plan now!

1 comment:

Kam said...

Hey beck,

I totally came across your blog. Hope all is well! Loves! Kam