Sunday, June 03, 2007

Denver was "Wicked"

The trip I have been looking forward to since March was finally here!!! We took our girls trip (that's right, no husbands or kids) to Denver to see Wicked! There were 8 of us total: my mom, sister Jenn, me, Grandma, Aunt Patty, Aunt Marty, cousin Heather, and my mom-in-law Lynn, flew out to Denver on Thursday and had an amazing time! We did a lot of eating, walking around, eating, shopping, eating, and the best part ever, I finally got to see Wicked!

Eating at the Cheesecake Factory...fish tacos and Adam's peanut butter cheesecake...plus a little of everyone else's cheesecake around the table too!

Matching "Wicked" shirts my aunt Marty made us...slightly embarrassing, but we sure got a lot of attention
The Platt river...apparently it goes all the way through Nebraska


Dinner at La Fondue before the show. It was my first time at a fondue restaurant and we went mostly for the experience. I really liked the cheese fondue, but was kind of grossed out at the plate of raw meat and seafood on our table that we had to cook ourselves. Of course, dessert was the best part...fresh fruit, snickers, cheesecake (again), marshmallows, and pound cake dipped in warm milk chocolate! Yum! It was really fun, but probably won't do that again. Way too expensive for me.


Wicked was absolutely amazing. I'm borderline obsessed with the music (even Brooklyn knows most of the words!) and the production was better than I could have imagined. The voices of Elpheba and Galinda -or Glinda, along with the rest of the cast were just totally amazing. The music was incredible and even the lighting was great. It was fun to have so many questions answered after just listening to the music for so long.

We will definitely make this a tradition and try to go to a new performance and a new city at least every other year!

6 comments:

Tari said...

Hey Becky! I miss you too! Let's get together soon. I work during the week but lets plan something. You look so great!

laurel said...

FUN! What a fun girls trip. Wicked is the best!!!! I am so glad you got to see it.

And your hair looks really great in those pictures, by the way.

Next city - New York :)

Todd and Jenn said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. I've heard Wicked is amazing. We are finaly closing on our place June 13th. I can't wait. Do you know when you close. We went to a wedding reception at Thanksgiving Point on Thursday and I tried to show Todd your house, but I couldn't find it. Cars was so sad that we couldn't find "Brooklyn's house".

neffgang said...

Becky,

Nice to see you guys in your Wicked t-shirts! Everytime Steph wears hers, she gets comments from people who think she's wearing it to tell the world that she is a naughty girl!

On another note, we've somehow found our way on to Joel's email list. If that was your doing, thank you very, very much.

Say hi to Tim for me.

-Brian

Emily said...

How fun, you and all the girls. You are some sort of national traveler, you're all over the place! I loved Wicked too, it's amazing! Was Val not invited? haha just kidding. Has she had her baby yet? And when is Jenny due? I love your house. Let's meet at Costco in Lehi, I go there for samples for lunch way too often. The end.

Kam said...

How fun! Beck, you look awesome. I am so jealous. Wicked is absolutely amazing. I am sorry we never got to go out while I was in Utah. I am glad to see you are doing well. Love you!