Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A quick catch up...

Since my blog is the closest thing to journaling or scrapbooking that I do these days, I need to take a break from everything important I'm supposed to be doing (cleaning, laundry, studying, and vinyl orders) to hurry and catch up on our very busy but fun few weeks...

A last minute visit from the Whitfords...
Warren and Melissa called us on a Thursday night to let us know they were in the car and had decided to drive down for a visit. It was a very quick weekend and we didn't get to see too much of them, but we'll take what we can get!




Tim and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary! I can't believe it's been 6 years! We dropped the kids off at Tim's parent's house early Saturday morning to go play 9 holes. We used to play just about every Friday afternoon with Warren and Melissa, but have hardly been out at all this year together. It was so much fun and I really miss playing so often.



We spent the rest of the day with the kids before leaving them again to go to dinner. Funny story though...we have been wanting to try this restaurant in Provo pretty much forever. It's called Four Seasons and it's Chinese food, so the kids wouldn't ever eat there and we knew we would have to go alone. We were so excited that this was the day. After we dropped the kids off, we went over there and were totally disappointed because there was a sign on the door that said they were on vacation for 2 weeks and the restaurant was closed. Honestly, who does that? Who closes their restaurant for 2 weeks so they can go on vacation. We were totally bummed and ended up at another Chinese place that was totally gross. I didn't even eat anything. But, we did go to Maestro's for some gelato afterward and that made up for it!

The day after our anniversary, Brooklyn turned 4! I can't believe I have a 4 year old!




The Arbons came over for dinner and then Tim's parents and some cousins came for cake and ice cream. Brooklyn got her first bike...of course she picked out a Disney Princess bike...so much for handing it down to Tallan when she grows out of it. I started making her that blanket about 2 years ago now for Christmas. Finally Tim's aunt took it to finish it for me and that's the only reason it got done, but she ended up getting that for her bday too.

We also did a Dora party with lots of friends over for pizza, cake, and ice cream, but my battery was dead on the camera. Of course I would do something like that. It was really cute and fun though and she was so spoiled with gifts! Probably one of the best things she got though, was a scrapbook Melissa made of Brooklyn and Parker growing up together. (from about 18 months old till now) Words can not even say how cool it is. She spent so much time on it and it's so fun to look at and watch them grow together.

Brooklyn is such a special girl and we are so lucky to have her in our lives and as part of our family.


We spent last weekend down in Hurricane for my niece, Alison's, baptism. Jenn and Eric came from AZ too so we have a jam packed fun filled weekend...of course I couldn't find my camera half of the time, so I'm going to have to do a whole post on the weekend when I get pictures from my sisters. (hurry guys!) We did have a really yummy ice cream cake for Brooklyn's bday when we arrived though, and it was early enough in the trip that I knew right where my camera was.



This is funny...during the baptism, I had to play the piano and Tim was out in the hall with Tallan who threw up all over both of them (because he still hasn't outgrown that) so Brooklyn and Ethan took quite a few pictures unsupervised...these are the best ones.



We have such wonderful family and friends and are lucky to be able to do so many fun things together! Stay tuned for a post on the baptism weekend and a really funny post about my brother, Joel, in the Philippines.

1 comment:

all that i love said...

As usual it looks like you have been really busy. Has Brooklyn mastered her skills on her new bike? Parker's bike is too big and he still can't peddle. We can't wait to see you guys next month.