Sunday, September 16, 2007

A Hiking We Will Go

We decided to take advantage of how beautiful Utah is right now with the leaves changing color, so we planned a fun day in the mountains. We packed lunches and drove up through American Fork Canyon and drove the Alpine Loop to right above Sundance. We hiked up to Stewart Falls and had a little picnic before coming back down. It was so beautiful up there! The kids did great...Brooklyn was the trailblazer. On the way back she was slowing down and saying her legs were tired so I carried her for a little ways, but we couldn't do it anymore so we told her it was a race. After that, we could hardly keep up with her! It was very crowded, but probably the best time of year to go. I have to admit I am a little sore today, but I guess the truth hurts...I'm way out of shape!







4 comments:

all that i love said...

I do remember how beautiful it is during the Fall. One of Warren's favorite things about Utah is the hike to the water falls and we have always enjoyed the Alpine Loop as well. What a great way to spend time with your family. Wish we could be there. Your kids are getting so big. Very Cute!

Emily said...

I love Utah in the fall! It's a nice pretty buffer before the horrible winters come.

Higham Inc. said...

Doug and I have been on that hike in the fall. It's so pretty...love it. Your kids are getting so big, can't believe it.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

So much fun that you guys got out hiking with your kids! It was great to see you in Utah and visit.