Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Christmas Highlights

We had such a fun Holiday and stayed very busy. Here are some highlights of the past couple of weeks...

A night w/o kids at the MOTAB Christmas Concert.


Going to see the lights at Temple Square w/the Croshaws...it really was colder than it looks.


Brooklyn as Mary holding baby Jesus at the Flinders Christmas Party held at our house, where we fed and entertained 25+...so glad so many could make it!


The Meadows over for dinner...don't my Christmas dishes look beautiful?!


Brooklyn caught in the act...busted!


Christmas Eve was probably one of the highlights of the whole week! We got on a conference call with my mom and sisters and got to talk to my brother Joel in the Philippines. We got to talk to him for an hour and a half and it was so good to hear his voice. He still has his sense of humor and is doing so well. It was 5am his time on Christmas morning and he was sitting on his front porch so he wouldn't wake the other 15 sleeping missionaries waiting to use his phone to talk to their families. You could hear chickens and roosters making tons of noise! Part way through our conversation he started speaking in his Cebuano language and told us an old man came through his fence and sat down on a stool to start playing his flute. Joel apparently gave him some money, told him Merry Christmas, and sent him on his way. The last few minutes of talking with him we asked him to bear his testimony in Cebuano. Half way through it he started laughing and we were all completely silent still. He said he just told us we were all ugly and we had no idea! Funny kid, huh! I'm so proud of him, though!

Christmas morning and Brooklyn's tower of presents...we aren't going to keep up with that tradition every year as she gets taller.


Tallan and his new horse...he likes it a lot better now than he did at first.


About 25 of the Meadows Family fed and entertained on Christmas Day at our house...food by all and entertainment led by Aunt Terri


A beautiful sunset...I couldn't resist stopping for a second to take the picture. It was the only time I stopped to do anything in the last month.



The morning after Christmas the first thing we did was put our tree and all of our Christmas decorations away. It felt SO good! My sister, Val, and her family came up from Hurricane to enjoy the cold and snow that evening and the day after that my sister, Jenn, and her family came in from AZ to do the same. It was so fun to eat good food, play games, eat, shop, eat, play Wii, eat, and just hang out and eat.

Fun with cousins!






I'm so glad Christmas comes just once a year! I love that my house was party central this year, but I'm exhausted!


3 comments:

Amanda said...

Becky: Awesome blog! It sounds like you had an awesome Christmas! Oh, and CONGRATS on the upcoming addition to your family! We're so excited for you!
-Derik & Amanda

Ricki said...

Becky- I am so glad to find out that you and your sisters are all bloggers! It was so fun to see the rest of your family for New Years, I am so sorry you guys couldn't make it to St. George! But I understand being pregnant and tired from company and traveling! Hopefully we can keep in better contact through blogging! I am obsessed with it! Glad you had a good Christmas, I can't believe Blooklyn! She is so big and cute!

Amber said...

It's crazy that I have to jump on the blog to see what my sweet neighbors are up to. Wow, that kind of sounded like I am stalking you, ha ha. Christmas was a blast, and thanks for including us in your celebrations! You guys are awesome and we couldn't ask for better neighbors.