Thursday, February 14, 2008

Enough is Enough...

Are you sick of reading my complaints about the snow? Well, if you are, imagine how sick I am of driving in it, walking through it, and looking at it out my window! Last night we had the most violent snowstorm I have ever seen. We had 70 mph winds here in Lehi and woke up to 6 inches of new snow on the driveway. We had a complete white-out and couldn't even see our neighbor's houses from inside ours. So many roads were closed and people were stranded that kids had to end up sleeping over at their schools with teachers since parents couldn't get to them and school buses couldn't get them out. They had to open up churches all around so that stranded motorists had a warm place to go. Sad! Anyway, click on this link for a video of what it looked like in our neighborhood...(it's a really long video so fast forward to the parts where it shows the roads with the wind and snow)


http://www.kutv.com/content/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=426cbcce-d0d2-44eb-8e57-4d2d6837e8ec&rss=991&articleID=33239

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! How did I not know about any of that? I didn't even notice the snow...I was out when it was windy in the afternoon but that's all. We never get much snow right here though anyway, don't you think? Poor kids and buses.

all that i love said...

That is crazy weather. This year the weather in Washington has been very calm compared to last year. Of course the passes always get alot of snow and that is why we can't come visit. My mom had mentioned how Evan got stuck in the storm for a couple hours. Has any of it melted yet? Thanks for sharing the video with those of us not in Utah. Hang in there, SPRING is just around the corner.

Emily said...

No kidding! That was the worst storm I've ever seen. It took me 3 hours to go 6 miles on the freeway. I couldn't get off on the exit I wanted because it was closed! What a nightmare.

mg said...

yeah - my friend had a goodbye party in Sandy and since she was going to be gone for 6 months in China I wanted to go despite the snow. It took FOREVER to get there, but wasn't so bad on the way back. took us an hour and a half to get to point of the mountain from Provo, though. That's crazy about all the kids having to sleep over. I've started snowshoeing, so I don't mind the snow so much - just being driving in it and when there's ice. have you been snowshoeing? it is really fun. k so really fun blog to read! happy bday again!

Banks Family said...

Wow, You definately got more of the brunt than we did. I am so sick of the snow as well. Enough is Enough!!