Sunday, July 27, 2008

24th Celebrations

It's true...I have come to accept the fact that Utah has it's own special holiday on the 24th of July. But hey, as confused as I was when I first moved here as to why the 24th of July is almost as big of a celebration as the 4th, I won't complain about a day off work with parades and fireworks.

This year my sisters and I all met in Panguitch to hang out with my mom and Brian. Panguitch isn't exactly a very exciting town (no offense, Brian) so luckily Jenn found these cool rocket toys at the local "everything" mart and that kept the kids busy for hours. We went to the fairgrounds though to see the animals before the rodeo, celebrated my mom's bday with a beautiful cake I made, and headed down to main street to watch the Panguitch town parade in the morning. I can't forget the awesome breakfast my sisters and I had at Brian's cafe while my mom and John stayed home with all the kids. Thanks guys! After the parade, my kids and I headed home so we wouldn't be late for the Spanish Fork Rodeo with Tim's parents, and his brothers Matt and Jon with their families. I have to say, I love rodeos! They are so much fun! Maybe I'm really am a small town hick at heart.

Here are some pictures from our exciting 24th celebrations:

Emma and Keslie meeting for the first time







2 comments:

all that i love said...

We didn't celebrate the 24th. There isn't much that goes on here in Washington. It looks like you guys had a great time with family.

brooke said...

Yeah, when Derek told me that he had the 24th OFF of work, I was laughing to myself. By the way...I have to say that your Brooklynn is SO beautiful. You guys are in SO much trouble when she's a teen!!