Sunday, July 27, 2008

It's so hard to say goodbye

I have to give a quick shout-out to our neighbors, The Halls. I have mentioned them in so many posts before because we pretty much do just about everything with them. They have been our neighbors for a year now and with just about 2 weeks notice, they had to pack up and move to Idaho for Adam's job and I'm so so SO sad!

Goodbye, Paisley!
We only got to know you for a short time, but you are such a blessing and a miracle. I was able to share all of the nervousness, anxiousness, and excitement with your mom because I was with her when she got the phone call that you were needing a family, when she got the phone call that you were about to enter the world, and when you finally arrived home. I got to see you at the hospital and I even got to take care of you while your mom and dad were busy packing up the house. Keslie will miss you lots!


Goodbye, Treycen!
We had so much fun with you over this past year! I loved that you would wander away from your house to come knock on my door. As soon as the door opened you would come right in and go straight for the basketballs and start shootin' hoops. Thank you for being such a good sport when Tallan would push you around. You have such a contagious laugh and smile and because of you, your mom got to stop working and be home all day so I could hang out with her!


Goodbye, Noah!
Oh, I mean Adam...thanks for helping Tim get out the door every Wednesday night for basketball. Thanks for all the sweet deals from Best Buy and helping us get the Wii and Guitar Hero before they all sold out. Thanks for making us laugh and for letting us beat you at every game we ever played together. Thanks for having the deacons dig sprinkler trenches in our backyard for their service project. You are great, but I don't think I can ever forgive you for moving your family away from us! How do you like that picture?


Goodbye, Amber!
Where do I begin? Thank you for being my babysitter, Brooklyn's Primary teacher, and our photographer. Thank you for shopping with me and eating junk food with me. Thank you for playing games with me and exercising with me. Thank you for letting us use your backyard for all of our parties and for letting us use your garden. Thank you for hanging out with me all day, every day, when I stopped working so I wouldn't go crazy. Thank you for being an amazing neighbor, and even better friend. What are we going to do without you??? (and why is is that I couldn't find any other pictures of you? I'm so lame for not taking more pictures!)


Good luck in Idaho and don't be surprised if I show up on your doorstep a few times! We already miss you like crazy! (And I'm still praying the job falls through!)

1 comment:

Amber said...

Becky! That was so sweet - I am crying again. Remember, it's not goodbye, but see you in a while and it will be SOOO exciting to see you again! Oh, and there is a reason you don't have any pictures of me and a reason that I am always on the other side of the camera :)
I miss you already. I keep thinking that I can just run next door and chat with you, but then I realize where I am and I get sad all over again. Like I said, no one will ever measure up to you!
Love you!!