Thursday, May 07, 2009

could have been better...

What a crazy day. I took the day off of work to spend it with my mom, Brian, (mom's husband), my sister, Val, brother Joel, and some of Brian's kids as well. Sounds more glorious and fun than it really was. We spent the day up at the Huntsman Cancer Institute in Salt Lake. More tests and more results. Cancer is in her brain. She doesn't qualify for the clinical study anymore. Radiation is next, but first back to Huntsman on Tuesday of next week for a consult with the radiologist. All of the details are on the blog following her here.

Today was also Keslie's first birthday. It's a good think she is too young to remember that I spent most of the day crying and have been so preoccupied with everything else lately that I didn't even get her a present or make her a cake. We'll make it up to her. We did run out the door last minute to get some pizza when I realized it was 6:15 and my kids were probably hungry. I forgot to make dinner tonight. We do just love that sassy little girl though. She is stubborn and feisty and only loves her momma. She's just barely army crawling and still only has her two little bottom teeth. She is still even wearing 3-6 month clothes. I'm not worried. I think she's doing me a favor by being slow to be mobile. And she eats more than Brooklyn and Tallan combined so I know nutrition is not an issue. She's just a petite little girl.

Here are a lot of pictures of what has been going on with us the past month and a half. Better late than never, right?!


We decorated Easter eggs and did the annual egg hunt at the Creer's.




Brooklyn had her preschool graduation! Off to Kindergarten next year! I can't believe it! Brooklyn was so lucky to have her grandma and grandpa Flinders come to celebrate. She had a great year at preschool with Mrs. Ockey and the year ended just in time. Mrs. Ockey had her baby a week later!



Brooklyn and her BFF, Sydney. We are pretty nervous about the boys coming after these girls in the years to come!


The tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point. So beautiful!






Bridal Shower for my step-sister, Nicki.



And finally, some pictures to document the day of Keslie's birthday.




Just wanted to give a special thanks for all of the thoughts, prayers, flowers, cards, cookies, etc. I have the best friends and neighbors and family. You are all wonderful. THANK YOU!

6 comments:

Todd and Jenn said...

I'm so sorry they didn't have better news. Praying for good news soon. Thank you for keeping us updated. Happy Birthday to Kesley! I love Kesley and Tallans matching hair. Somehow I think Carson is your kids long lost brother.

Ricki said...

I really can't believe that this trip, went this way! I really thought that she would come home and say,"Nope! Not in my brain!" I am in shock and denial, as I am sure all of you are! Thank goodness that she is an amazing optimist, and she is a fighter! She will fight with all of her will and might! Thanks to her great family, she will have all the support she needs to battle this monster! I hope you know that we are all praying right along side you guys!

Amber said...

I love you Becky!! I am coming down- You just call me and let's figure out when would be the most helpful time!

Happy birthday to Kesley!! Wow, it seems like just a few months ago, you came home with her. Yikes, that means that Paisley will be one soon!!

Don't be too hard on yourself about forgetting things like dinner for your kids. They will never remember it. Just remember to take care of yourself and let your friends, family and neighbors take care of everything else.

Kimberly said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, Becky. I've heard great things about the Huntsman Institute, so I'm sure your mom will be in great hands.

And I can't believe Keslie is 1 already! And that she's so little! I hope we'll still get to see you tomorrow at the race.

Lance and Becky said...

Bex you are in my prayers! Your fam is so cute!

Banks Family said...

Sorry you guys have been through so much the past month or so. I hope everything with your mom turns out well, and that she does well with chemo. We will keep you in our prayers!