Thursday, May 21, 2009

I think I need Super Nanny!

I totally took advantage of how wonderful the past year was where my two youngest children would be in bed no later than 7:30 pm. I could spend some one-on-one time with Brooklyn, or let her entertain herself while I had my own "quiet time". This past week, Tallan has been fighting bed time with every ounce of energy he had left after each busy day. I can't get him to stay in bed if it's before 9pm! Seriously, don't tell on me, but we even had to rig his door so he couldn't get out because most times he quietly climbs in Keslie's crib with her and wakes her up too. Tonight was the night of all nights though. After too many chances to stay in bed with the door open, I closed it. Less than 30 seconds later, it sounded like a bomb went off in his room. I opened the door to find his baskets of clothes all over the room, his books scattered across the floor, and the mattress off his toddler bed! I grabbed everything...EVERYTHING...out of his room except his bed, pillow, and blanket. I even moved his changing table out of the room so he couldn't climb on that or knock it into the wall anymore. Closed the door.

Two seconds later, another blast from the room.

Time for a heavier bed...and possibly some anger management classes?!


A sweet ending to my story: We put his bed back together and he laid down. He was fast asleep less than 3 minutes later. I already like him again.

8 comments:

Ricki said...

Sound like something that would happen at my house. Maybe we could combine our households and get a Super Nanny 2-4-1 deal! I need some intervetion too!!! Dang kids!

Sarah said...

I like the ending of your story- "I already like him again." Isn't that how it goes. We get so worn out but then as soon as their sleeping we forget everything and are excited to see them in the morning! so sorry you're having sleeping problems. i think i'll really struggle when my kids go to a later bed time. i like having four hours to myself at night!

i have your condo key from emily and some of brooklyn's old clothes. i need to drop them off to you~! when?

all that i love said...

That is a really funny story. Of course if it had happend to me, it wouldn't have been so funny. You have quite the hand full with that one. Hang in there, it might just me a phase. HOPEFULLY!

Todd and Jenn said...

That use to be Carson almost every night. We locked his door too, but then he started picking the lock. Who knew that random toys could be used as "keys". Boys are too funny.

Banks Family said...

What a funny little guy! I think I need super nanny as well. Your going a terrific job!

Laina said...

That is hilarious!!!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

WOW!! Sorry, but too funny!

Amber said...

That is so Tallan and so cute but funny! hahaha!!!