Friday, September 26, 2008

All in a Week's Work

September is always a busy month for us, and this one was no exception. Among all of the craziness at our house, we have almost missed the leaves changing colors around here. One thing I do love about living in Utah is that we do get to experience every season. The mountains look like they are on fire right now with the red and orange trees. So beautiful! But, where did summer go? It seems like it just got here and now it's fall already! Why is winter the loooongest season ever??? Okay, before I start complaining too much since winter isn't even here yet...back to our week!

Fancy was full force at our house when Brooklyn had a Fancy Nancy birthday party to celebrate turning 5 last Saturday! We had 8 other little girls from church, preschool, and the neighborhood over to make wands and crowns, hit at a Fancy Nancy pinata, and blow out candles on Brooklyn's crown cake! Wow! Everyone had a great time and Brooklyn said it was the best party ever, which made me smile, but that was a lot of girls though! Tim left towards the end to go to the BYU game but luckily Steph was there to help me out or I don't know what I would have done! Tim felt bad later and took me to Spoon Me! He can leave anytime he wants as long as that is how he makes up for it!









Monday, Tim and I celebrated our 7th anniversary! I'm getting old! I have a 5 year old (plus two more) and have been married now for 7 years! Don't be jealous girls, but Tim planned the ultimate romantic getaway. He actually won a party at Noah's, which is a way cool reception hall type of place, for us and 5 other couples to watch Monday Night Football. I know, what better way to celebrate our anniversary than with football and Tim's closest guy friends. I can't even tell you who played because the boys sat on the sofa and watched the game while the girls sat around the bar area and did some girl talk. But hey, the kids were with Grandma and Grandpa, and The Pie donated pizza and drinks for the event. We even got free t-shirts! Tim always has been good with gifts! Happy anniversary, babe! You are the greatest and I love you!

Tuesday was Brooklyn's actual birthday so we went with The Haws Family to the new Frozen Yogurt Junction. It's a little place with do it yourself frozen yogurt and toppings and then you pay by the ounce. Genius idea, if you ask me! I can load up with whatever I want and give the kids just a little bit without paying for a whole size. I'm pretty sure the owner wanted to kick us out though. Wouldn't you if some irresponsible parents chit chatted the night away while their 7 kids destroyed the place??? Happy Birthday my little princess! I can't believe you are 5 already! What a sweet and beautiful little girl you are growing up to be. I love you!

This is one of the many reasons why I love Brooklyn: here are some pictures of the treasure hunt she sent me on a few weeks ago. Just imagine her little mind going as she put this together. It took her forever to do, and even longer to clean up! She was so excited about it though. She is this creative little girl who is a little OCD when it comes to coloring in the lines. She literally spends hours every day coloring and is a really good artist for her age. She is a brilliant little girl who loves life. She is such a good big sister and loves her grandmas like crazy.

The treasure hunt started in the loft...

...it went all the way down the stairs...


...and all the way to the front door...

...and this is the treasure box at the end of the trail...yes, she did paint and decorate this herself!

And look at my treasure! The letter "I" and some little hair clips!


Wednesday was bitter-sweet. The Halls came down, which was SO exciting for us, but they just came to clean out the rest of their stuff from their house, which was SO sad for us. All the more official that they really aren't coming back like we had been hoping. It was great to spend the day with them while we helped them get everything loaded into their trailer to take back to Idaho and we were greatly rewarded with a trip up to Spoon Me later that night. Can't get enough of that stuff!

Oh yeah, here are some pictures of my cute Keslie-Boo and her war wounds. Brooklyn accidently dropped her this week. I was unloading the dishwasher and she was holding her on the couch when I heard a BIG thud. I still don't know exactly what happened, but Brooklyn said her hands slipped and she felt awful. Poor girls!

They still love each other though!

Thanks for sticking around through that never-ending post!

And don't forget to check out my first Daring Bakers Challenge on my food blog:

6 comments:

all that i love said...

As expected, you have had a very busy September. Happy Birthday to Brooklyn! We didn't forget. I actually have it written on my calender, but you know how it goes with Parker and talking on the phone. It looks like she had a fun birthday regardless.

Every year we are reminded how old we are as our little ones get older and older. By the way, Happy Anniversary to you. Sounds like you have gotten your fare (or more) share of Spoon Me this month. I hope October is a little slower for you.

Dartay said...

Your post made us laugh! Love the cake by the way, you are so talented! Poor baby, she pulls off the scab look well though! Thanks again for the recipe help, everything turned out great!

Taylor Family said...

Happy Birthday Brooklyn! What I beautiful cake and looks like a great party!

Chelsea said...

Hey Becky! It's Chelsea "Henrie" Northam. I stocked you through Tami "Brandi's" blog then your sister. I can't believe you have a 5 year old...so do I (and a 2 year old and twin 1 month old's). If you feel like it I am linked on her blog too if you want to chat. ~ Chelsea

Peggy said...

It's about time you blogged. We were wondering if you were still alive. :)

Lisa said...

I can't believe that Brooklyn is really 5 already! Happy birthday to her! It looks like your family is doing well.