Sunday, July 26, 2009

I actually loved Girls Camp



I hated going to Girls Camp growing up. I wasn't a fan of dirt or heat, or spending a week with girls I didn't get along with very well. I didn't like hiking and not having normal bathrooms or showers. But, I got to go this year as a leader (camp cook to be exact) up in Heber and had SO much fun! Girls camp in Utah is way different than in CA for one thing, so that was a positive in some ways. But, all 22 girls were amazing. NO one complained or fought or anything. Everyone was so happy and fun and so willing to help others out. I was so impressed. I had great "tent-mates" and each night was very entertaining because Mandy talks in her sleep and you never knew what she was going to say next! We had some food fights, "bear" attacks, and had some awesome spiritual moments with devotionals and the Testimony meeting the last night. We ate good food and my very favorite part was singing around the campfire every night with Blair playing the guitar. Seriously some of the most talented girls I know! It's been a long time since I have laughed as hard as I did and I really hope I get to go back again next year!






4 comments:

Amber said...

Oh I miss these girls! give them all a hug from me!

Peter and Jen Bell said...

I'm jealous, I love doing girls camp with the girls. By the way, you look really skinny. Good work Becky!

Jacks said...

thank you for posting pics. This looked fun, fun, fun....

Laina said...

YOu are so cute Bex! That first pic is amazing! And you look great in that pic where you are leaning down in the pic! xoxo