Monday, July 06, 2009

July has been busy already...

July 2nd
Tim and I actually went on a date! Dinner with the Whitfords and NO kids! Went to Los Hermanos for dinner and Red Mango for dessert. Went back to Melissa's parents house for a game of spades just like old times. For the record, the girls won! I have to add that because it just doesn't happen that often.

July 3rd

Started the morning with the Provo balloon festival. It's a worthwhile tradition, but glad it's only once a year. Met up with the Whitfords who were visiting from Washington. It's always fun to see Parker and Brooklyn reunite. They truly are best little friends. Had a really yummy breakfast at Melissa's parents house, the boys went golfing, we stayed with the kids and all had naps.




July 4th
Hosted the 2nd annual neighborhood pancake breakfast and had about 15 families come over. Went to the Whitfords for a BBQ and then to the Provo Temple lawn for Stadium of Fire fireworks.







July 5th

BBQ and fireworks for our neighbor, Drew's, b-day. He really wanted to pose for the camera once he found out it would probably end up on my blog! We have such fun neighbors! Happy Bday, Drew!





July 6th

dinner at P712 with Jen and Kristin; 2 of my favorite girls from USU. I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since we met! It is so fun to catch up whenever we end up in the same state at the same time!


July 9th
Relief Society vs YW softball game. I should have kept my mouth shut, but right before I went up to bat I told some of the girls that last time I played softball I broke my nose. This time I only ended up with a black eye and the cut above my left eye didn't need stitches, so that was good.

July 11th
Tallan gave me a fat lip to match my black eye. He threw a temper tantrum when I took him out of Keslie's crib after he climbed in a woke her up and head butted me in the mouth. He almost spent more time in the "naughty chair" today than all of the other times put together.

I cooked 3 pounds of sausage, 4 pounds of bacon, and 8 pounds of ground beef getting ready for Girl's Camp this week. Sick!


...and the month is just beginning. I'm tired already!

5 comments:

all that i love said...

You and me both! This month is going to be crazy. They are packing our home today and tomorrow(of course Warren is already in Indiana) and then it will be loaded onto the truck on Wednesday. The kids and I are hopefully flying out on Thursday. Why does Warren always leave me to do the dirty work?? Hopefully August will be a slow and relaxing month.

Amber said...

you go girl! your the best! can i come get cooking lessons? p.s. the popcorn is AMAZING!

Jamie Jensen Hill said...

Wow weird to see your old USU clan all together again! That must have been fun!

Todd and Jenn said...

Cute pics of you guys. All that meat, wow! Hope it didn't make you too sick. Todd doesn't work weekends anymore so we should get together soon.

Laina said...

Your kids are getting so big!!