Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lake Powell 2009

The highlights of our summers always include a trip to Lake Powell with the Meadows. Tim's uncle has a houseboat timeshare and the they are so nice to invite us to spend the week with them! We always have so much fun with them. We fish, hike, swim, wakeboard, jet ski, play games, and eat cookie dough. That is one of my favorite parts! My kids would spend all day in the water if we let them. They were awesome too. So happy almost all the time and never complained about eating, sleeping, and playing in their life jackets. I'm not paranoid or anything. My sister, Val, was awesome and let us leave Keslie with her so we could enjoy Brooklyn and Tallan even more! Seriously owe her big time!

One of the highlights of the trip for me was evening out my farmer's tan and also going down one of the little canyons that gets so narrow we just had to wedge our boat because we couldn't go any further. Once we wedged we had a nice lunch in the shade and decided to swim the rest of the way in to see what we could find. All we found were more corners and at the end, a trail with more corners. It was seriously a way long swim but it was awesome.





We had really nice water for some wakeboard runs and Tim even got up on the air chair for a few seconds. So fun to spend time with the Meadows and Havertz. Another memorable Lake Powell trip. Thank you, Uncle Mark!

4 comments:

Lance and Becky said...

I love lake powell. So much fun! You guys are a very cute fam.

all that i love said...

I wish I was having a fun summer :(
Just got internet today and feel like I can reconnect with the world. Who knows when I will have time to blog again. Parker starts school in three weeks and I feel cheated out of a summer.

Banks Family said...

So jealous, looks like a lot of fun. So glad you had fun at girls camp too, I hope when I go up for the first time it will be as good of an experience!

The Damron Doc said...

Hey finally found your blog again! So fun to see your cute little family! I can't believe how big your kids are getting, so cute! Laughed when I read the camp post, I am right there with you! Looks like you guys have been having a great summer...My in laws live in gilbert and the other day I saw Jenn's picture and started to laugh. Tell he Congrats, such a small world. I am now going to post your blog on mine so I can find it without having to scroll back months! Fun to catch up on your family! Rebecca