Sunday, March 14, 2010

December

Decorated gingerbread houses with the kids...




Tallan met his new soon-to-be cousin, Kailer. If these two were any more alike I'd question if they weren't really brothers. Look alike, act alike, love skateboards and motorcycles and dirt bikes. Trouble makers, silly name calling, and temper tantrums. But these boys love their mamas!


We took the youth to Temple Square to see the lights. It was absolutely freezing that night. Not a single girl complained. Everyone was so overwhelmed by the Spirit that was there. I love these girls like I love my own kids. I have to admit that I never really believed it when leaders would say it, but now I know what it feels like. I already get teary thinking of my 3 girls who are graduating this year and leaving me. I don't know what I'm going to do without seeing them a few times each week. I'm going to miss their sweet spirits, their texts during school just to say hi, and when they stop by to see me, and waking up to see my house decorated among other things. They are really special people.





Christmas cookies for the neighbors...


Brooklyn's Kindergarten Holiday Sing...


Keslie looks exactly like Brooklyn at 18 months. (Keslie is holding a picture of Brooklyn wearing the same shirt at the same age) Keslie finally started walking at 18 months and will someday love nursery as much as I do.
Christmas morning was kind of a blur. we had driven down to Hurricane on Christmas Eve...lots of people, lots of presents, and we didn't even get through them all before we noticed my mom was bleeding from her gums. A side effect of chemo, which meant she spent all day in the hospital getting a platelet infusion. Something we didn't know at the time she would have many many more of. She never complained and insisted we still eat Christmas dinner without her. She didn't have an appetite anyway. The table was pretty quiet that afternoon. Again, not many pictures.



A bridal shower for our soon to be sister-in-law, Kristan. I must admit it was a pretty dang cute shower too. Red, white, and silver snowflakes was the theme. We had an awesome lunch and she was well prepared for marriage.



I'm so glad Christmas only comes once a year. And advice for anyone planning on getting married within a few weeks of Christmas...don't! It's just not fair to those who love you!

No comments: