Monday, March 22, 2010

A sweet surprise...

About noon on Saturday, I was playing the piano at my mom's house while she was laying on the couch. My grandma was next to her, brother on the other couch, and sister hanging out too. Someone came to the door that has a permanent note on it saying "do not disturb. napping in progress. thank you!" No offense to anyone, but my mom is just up to visitors anymore most of the time. Anyway, luckily my sister saw her coming and went to open it. This total stranger was holding the biggest cup of Spoon Me I have ever seen! We all started fighting over who it could be for when the girl said her sister asked her to bring it over. We asked her who her sister was and when she said Amber Hall, I knew it was for me and that I had one of the coolest friends ever! My good friend, Amber, who lives in Idaho, asked her sister, who lives in St. George, to bring me my favorite treat. Can you believe it? Totally made my day, and my sister's too since I shared with her. : ) Thanks so much, Amber! Seriously the best surprise! (well, it could have been better if you delivered it, yourself, but I'll take what I can get!)




I am so lucky to have such amazing friends and neighbors who are taking care of me and my family. So many people are helping to watch my kids while I'm away, bringing us meals, etc. I don't feel worthy of all of the great service, especially when there are so many others in our ward who are in much greater need than I am. But, we are very grateful. Thank you!

3 comments:

laurel said...

That's so sweet!!

Adam and Melisa said...

Glad you had a little happiness! Thinking of you...hang in there!

Bohn Family said...

That is so cute! Love Amber - she is so sweet! Let me know if I can do anything!!! I would love to take your kids!