Sunday, March 14, 2010

Overwhelmed...

To some it may come as a surprise, but the Flinders Family is, in fact, still alive and doing well for the most part. Where have we been since November when I last posted that my little brother, Joel, was getting married? I don't even know where to begin with that answer. And as the days, weeks, and months have gone on, I become more and more overwhelmed with everything that has gone on in our lives during the past 4 months. I decided today would be the day I would start to catch up and I will do it 1 month at a time, if nothing else, for posterity.

November:

Took my good friend, Steph, to Texas Roadhouse for her 30th birthday with our other fun neighbor girls. Loved the food, loved the company. These girls have become such a major part of me getting through each day. My battery died on my camera of course. Steph, forgive me now for the picture I have to post. Don't pretend you didn't love riding the saddle either!


I got to have my mom visit and for a whole 3 hours I had her all to myself. We went to a fabric store to get fabric so she could help me make these adorable pillowcases for my kids. It was cold and wet and even though she had already stopped liking food, I took her to Zupas where I thought she might like some amazing soup. She even ate a little bit. Way to go, mom! I think Tallan took this picture. Pictures like this I will always cherish now. My mom and her cute furry hat that she wore to try and keep her bald head warm in the winter when scarfs no longer did the job. Her clothes still fit and she still maintained a good weight. She mostly felt well and we still had hope that she would be a miracle.


Brooklyn and my mom have always been especially close. My mom wrote Brooklyn a simple little note telling her she loved her on the paper that Brooklyn has in the picture. That has become a special treasure also.


Thanksgiving was held at the Flinders' in Spanish Fork with Jon, Peggy, and little Emma, and also Matt. I think I made rolls and my mom's lemon merengue pie and my homemade cranberry sauce. I'm sure we had turkey and I'm sure it was all wonderful, but the details have since left me. I don't even have any pictures to help me remember. Taking pictures hasn't been something I've been good at over the past few months.

Grandma and Grandpa Flinders took the kids and I, Aunt Peggy and cousin Emma, and our friends Brittany, Sydney, and Ryder, on the Polar Express again this year. Such a magical experience for Brooklyn and Tallan. Really a fun way to get in the Christmas spirit, but since I'm long past that now, retelling it just wouldn't be the same. I didn't even get any pictures with Santa or Mrs Claus or even an elf this year. Could be that I was too busy wrestling with the 3 kids, bribing them with suckers and licorice, while Tim was at a BYU football game. I do remember that they served yummy chocolate chip cookies and semi-warm hot chocolate, but with no bathrooms on board the train and two kids with very small blatters, we had to refuse. As you can see, Keslie and her cousin, Emma, loved all of the treats though!




That was November...not as painful as I thought it would be. I may just continue on with another month today as long as Keslie and Tallan stay asleep...okay wait, I feel some anxiety as I'm about to click on the "publish post" button. Anxiety has become part of my daily life over these past few weeks, so it's nothing new. Might as well just do it, right?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh becky! I am so glad to get an update on your life, so I'm glad you blogged about it.

I've been thinking a lot about you actually and have been meaning to call you. But I always worry that with all the kids between us there is never a good time to talk, especially since I know how busy you are. And turbokick? I guess I know what your new thing is. Always doing something! I don't even know what that is.

But I'm going to call you. This week. :)

angee said...

So happy to get some updates!!! Want you to know your family is constantly in my family's prayers, as well as in each presidency meeting. We LOVE you guys!

A. Duvall :)